Professional Development System
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AWARD
***ALL APPLICATIONS DUE BY MAY 31st 2018***
The Professional Development Award System is a voluntary statewide professional development program for early childhood educators in a child care setting. The goal of this award is to increase the quality of child care by caregivers receiving ongoing education and training.
Eligible caregivers completing the requirements, and who maintain a minimum of ten hours of approved training per year, will receive a yearly cash bonus. Caregivers who choose to get a Level 4 or higher will get a substantial increase in award amount.
To be eligible for participation in the Professional Development Award System you must meet the following requirements:
- Currently and continuously employed for at least 12 months and 20 hours per week with one or more unrelated children ages 0-12 in an eligible program and be at least 18 years of age. An eligible program is defined as a Utah state licensed child care program that provides child care, in lieu of parental care, to support working parents. The child care program must be open full day (6+ hours), full week (5 days) and year round (12 months).
- Employment must be in one of the following positions:
- A licensed family child care provider who cares for at least one unrelated child.
- A licensed family group second caregiver.
- A licensed child care center teacher, caregiver, director, or owner.
- Must complete 10 hours of Career Ladder approved annual training, college credit, CEU, or professional activities. The same class can only be used once every three years.
Professional Development Award System at a Glance
Career Ladder Level
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4
|Level 5||Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9||Level 10|
Number of Awards
|1st award||2nd award||3rd award||4th award||5th award||6th award||7th award||8th award||9th award||10 + awards|
Career Ladder Level + Number of Professional Development Awards =
$ Your Annual Professional Development Award $.
Money amounts are subject to change each year.