Annual PDI Training
Options for Professional Development
Caregivers must complete 10 hours of Career Ladder approved annual training from the following list of options:
1. Take an approved Career Ladder class from your local Care About Childcare agency and or community agency. A list of all approved classes can be found at: http://ccpdi.usu.edu/files/uploads/Utah_Career_Ladder_Approved_Classes-Updated_April_2016.pdf. For a calendar of upcoming classes see: https://careaboutchildcare.utah.gov/provider/calendar.aspx
2. Take an approved Career Ladder online training. A list of all approved classes can be found at: http://ccpdi.usu.edu/files/uploads/Approve_Online_CL_Courses_2015.pdf
3. Take a training that offers Continuing Education Units(CEU), such as a local early childhood conference. Approved conferences and workshops will appear on the training calendar listed above on #1. Any CEU from an early childhood entity can count. Some CAC classes are available for CEU credit. Many online entities also offer CEU credit.
4. Take a 1 credit college class form an institution of higher learning (university, college, or community college). The class must relate to the field of early childhood or child development.
5. Participate in a Professional Activity. A qualifying Professional Activity must advance the field of early childhood in some way, and be above and beyond the current job responsibilities of the applicant. For a list of approved activities, see: http://ccpdi.usu.edu/files/uploads/Approved_Professional_Activities_list.pdf. If an applicant wishes to participate in a Professional Activity not on the approved list, he/she may apply to have the activity approved by filling out the form at this link: http://ccpdi.usu.edu/files/uploads/Professional_Activity_Pre-Approval_Form.pdf The applicant will need to fill out and submit a Professional Activities Documentation Form http://ccpdi.usu.edu/files/uploads/Professional_Activity_Documentation__Form.pdf once the activity is completed in order to receive credit.